Welcome to St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church in Quincy, IL. St. Rose was re-opened on November 9, 2008, to provide the Latin Mass for Catholics in Quincy and the surrounding area. Bishop George Lucas of the Springfield, Illinois, diocese appointed Fr. Arnaud Devillers of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter as chaplain. St. Rose is the first church in the Springfield diocese to resume the traditional Latin Mass since Pope Benedict the Sixteenth's Summorum Pontificum in 2007 ensured its availability.
Join us at St. Rose of Lima, Quincy's historic Irish Catholic Church at 8th & Chestnut, for traditional Irish music and St. Patrick's Day fare of corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes. We will be serving the Butcher Block's homemade corned beef from 11 am to 7 pm at the parish hall, on Monday, March 17th.
Price is $9.75 for adults, $5 for children under 12, or $35 per family. (Reduced price 2-4pm, adults $8.75.) Includes corned beef, cabbage, mashed potatoes, dessert, and tea or coffee. New this year: The Butcher Block's Homemade German Sausage and Sauerkraut!
- 11:20 - 11:50 Piano Music Charlotte Stroot
- 12:15-12:50 Volunteer Voices: Pianist and vocalists singing 50-year old sing-along favorites NEW
- 1:15 - 2 pm Strolling Violinist Vicki Daggett
- 3-4 St. Rose Family Entertainment: Pianists Anna Mudd, Charlotte Tournear & Mary Kay Waldhaus
- 4 – 4:25 Fiddle Tunes & Jigs by the McReynolds Family (Adam, Michelle & Sarah)
- 4:30 - 5:30 Rag Tag Irish Band 6th Year at St. Rose
- 5:40 Flute ensemble: Fr. Robert Fromageot, Breanna McCaughey & Charlotte Stroot
- 6:15 Piano Music and sing-along